Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Simple Solution to the Day Old Mom Hair

Do you wake up in the mornings and say to yourself, “Today’s the day I am going to have a shower, shave my legs, and maybe even wash my hair!’ Well we’ve all been there as moms. Before having a baby I didn’t realize these are just some of the simple luxuries after baby! If you’re anything like me, I try to squeeze in a little me-time during babies morning nap, along with having breakfast, cleaning the kitchen, sorting the laundry, making the bed, and anything else I can get done on my to-do list. I thought I would share a little insight into the different ways I try to keep up with myself and my appearance even if I’m going to be home all day. Let’s face it, some days it’s just nice to feel a little more put together then the usual sweats, t-shirt and hair in a messy bun, you know, the mom look.

One thing I swear by and is worth the small investment is dry shampoo. For the days I limit my shower time to 5 minutes and have to choose between washing my hair and shaving my legs, this is one product I can count on! Dry shampoo is a way to refresh your hair without having to wash and dry it if you had to skip a day. Simply spray the powder on your hair and it absorbs the oils on your hair and scalp, then brush it out. The one I use is by Beyond the Zone and it’s called ‘Rock On, Dry Shampoo,’ I picked up at Sally Beauty Supply for about $8.
 If you’re looking for a more ‘economical’ quick fix that you probably have in your house now, baby powder also does the trick. I find it tends to work better with blonde hair but it can work with brunettes as well, you just have to be a bit more careful with how much you apply.  Just shake a bit on the roots and brush it out with a soft bristle brush, and voila! Your 3 day old hair now looks totally refreshed and even adds a bit of volume to the roots for the just style dried hair look. So give it a try and let me know what you think of this tip!


Just an FYI, Sally Beauty Supply is a great place to find beauty products that salons may carry but at a lower price. They have everything from O.P.I. nail polish to salon brand hair dye. 

Sally Beauty Supply Locations:
Aurora- Nearest intersection is Wellington St. And Leslie St. (in the Wal-Mart Plaza)
Richmond Hill- Nearest intersection is Leslie St. and Elgin Mills (In the Home Depot Plaza)