Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Meet the Authors: Madeleine Soleil Alaouze


Hiya!

My name is Madeleine Soleil Alaouze. I am currently on maternity leave raising my first baby girl, Audrina. I am to return back to work sometime in the fall, which I am dreading, and am really hoping to win the lottery in the next couple months so I can be a stay at home mom! I can’t imagine spending an hour without my little girl let alone a whole day! I live with my “common-law’ hubby, Jonathan (still waiting for the bling!) in the North end of Richmond Hill. 
Although I work in an administrative job, I wouldn’t say that it is my passion. I really love anything and everything to do with makeup, hair, body, nails, you name it! My friends and family call me a product hoarder! Whether I make it from ingredients I have in my kitchen or buy it at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, it’s in my bathroom! I used to work at a spa/salon in Yorkville as the senior spa co-ordinator and picked up a lot of different ideas and advice when it comes to beauty. I guess I could say I have always had a knack for this kind of stuff.

Being a new mom I have let things slide a bit in terms of making myself feel beautiful all the time and at least presentable when leaving the house. Time just isn’t always on my side! Even with a spare moment I find myself doing chores, or organizing things around the house (which is another passion of mine!). But since losing almost 70 lbs these last 9 months, I think that giving myself an extra 5 minutes of me time in the morning (if Audrina let’s me) is well deserved!

This blog is to help all you other moms out there bring out the beauty in you by sharing some of my tips and tricks, and things i've done just to give yourself a little boost every day, even with only 5 minutes to spare! I will also write about my journey to leading a healthy lifestyle and how I lost the infamous 'baby weight.'  I hope you find some of the information useful, and if you have any questions feel free comment on my posts or email me at Madeleine_alaouze@hotmail.com. You can also follow me on twitter @maddsoleil. I hope you enjoy the postings as much as I do writing them!

Sincerely,
Madeleine Soleil Alaouze