Monday, August 20, 2012

5 Minutes of Beauty in 5 Easy Steps! You're Worth It!



As I’ve mentioned before I really love beauty. I love doing my hair, and makeup, especially if I’m going somewhere which may require a little beautification. But these days with taking care of baby girl, time is not on my side. I needed to figure out a way to look and feel good about myself when leaving the house with a total of about 5-7 minutes of prep time! (the amount of time I could keep Aud busy in her crib with a book or stuffed animal). I think I’ve mastered it so I thought I would share with you how I do it!

- Wash, tone and apply moisturizer. This step alone will leave you looking totally fresh faced! Make sure you are using the proper products to go with your skin type, if you have oily skin, don’t use products meant for dry skin!!

- Concealer- just to hide those unwanted blemishes, sun spots, or redness. While I was pregnant I got what they call the “pregnancy mask” and it is more noticeable when I get some sun on my face. And I really find applying concealer with a brush is better than my fingertips and you’re not transferring any oil or bacteria from finger to face.

- A little blush or bronzer goes a long way! Be careful of how much you use and apply on staple areas ie. Cheekbones, forehead, nose, chin.

- Mascara!! Ok if you are not a makeup person and can go without the above steps, trust me when I say Mascara really does a body good especially for a busy mum! For the sleepless nights and busy mornings when you just have to get out the door, take the few seconds and put on some mascara! It will really help with your “I was up all night with a cranky, teething baby who refuses to sleep anywhere but in my arms so I don’t care if I have two different shoes on” look (but I can’t promise it will help with the feeling).

- Lipgloss/chap. Whether it’s the bottom on the purse chapstick or havn’t worn this is 3 months lipgloss, put it on and pucker up!
Ok one more little tip for the eyes- applying white eyeliner to the inside of your lids will really help with the above mentioned look! Trust me.

And if you have a minute to spare, throw your hair in low or high bun, side braid, or high pony. If not, at least give it a brush through and you can always use that Dry Shampoo or baby powder trick I told you about before!!

FYI's: 
The products shown in the picture are what I use on a daily basis. I invested in the Bare Minerals starter kit and I love it, it works well as a concealer as well as an all over cover up. The kit comes with a bronzer and a setting powder as well but I tend to use those more for a "special" occasion. You can pick one up at 
Sephora.

The Bourjois bronzer I use is great too and I don't find it has an orange tinge like most out there. Also found at Sephora or some Shopper's Drug Mart Boutiques. 

The C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve I actually use as my lip gloss. It smell's great, and it leaves your lips with a nice sheer, translucent look. Also at Sephora but I have also seen it for cheaper at Bath and Body Works. 

If you would like to read more about my experiences, insights, and more about being a new Mum please visit my blog at http://newmumontheblog.wordpress.com