Monday, July 23, 2012

Breakfast crepes



I love breakfast! Its my favorite meal of the day, and I am always on the look out for yummy and easy things to make in the morning.

So here are crepes. I love them with jam, with ice cream, even with butter and salt. My husband likes them with nutella, my son will eat them rolled up with a banana inside and cut up into "coins".

Simple recipe:

2 eggs
1 cup of all purpose white flour
1 cup of cold water
1/2 cup of 2% milk
a pinch of salt

Mix all the ingredients well, so that there are no clumps. Put the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Warm up a frying pan well. It has to be really hot. Pour a few drops of vegetable oil, or a little scoop of butter. I usually wipe the pan quickly with a paper towel, that covers the whole pan with grease, and also removes the excess. 

Pour the mixture onto the pan, help it spread by tilting the pan in all directions. Make sure it spreads really thin. Fry for 1-2 min per side. Do not over fry it, so that it wouldn't dry out.


1 comments:

What a coincidence, we had these yesterday for breakfast! I like them with lemon juice, blueberries and icing sugar. mm mm mmmm

Post a Comment

Please do comment! No spam, or else....