Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meet the authors: Emma Mattin



My name is Emma and I am a mat leave mom of two beautiful boys. I'm racking my brain trying to think of what to tell you about myself. It brings me back to when I started my job almost 2 years ago, all of us newbies were asked to say something unique about ourselves. I felt like an absolute bore because I had nothing  interesting to say. I was not training for a marathon, nor was I an amateur astronomer like the others. I literally had nothing to say. I have no hobbies, my life revolves around my kids. I would love something to do besides change diapers and play trucks, but to be honest, even if I did have the time and the money for a hobby, I don't have a clue what I would be interested in doing. When I became a mom all of my wants got put on the top shelf, and now that shelf is so dusty I don't even know what's up there anymore. Maybe one day, when I have a little bit of time to myself, I can do some self exploration and figure out what I like to do.

I guess what I can tell you is that I studied psychology and rehabilitation in school. So I guess what that might tell you about me is that I am a bit of a nerd, and I am sometimes way too analytical for my own good. I enjoy reading, hiking, camping, and swimming. My style of parenting is very child-lead and I try to be pretty laid back. If I were to give a piece of advice to a first time mom it would be to relax and have fun!



The loves of my life are my my two sons Liam and Lucas. They are not only my sons but my suns, which my world revolves around. Liam is my oldest, he is two and a half. He is so full of energy it is unbelievable! Like most boys, he is obsessed with trucks and trains. My biggest challenge with Liam right now is curbing the whining. Lucas is 6 month old. He was such a pain in the ass when I was pregnant with him. The Dr's scared me to death telling me he may have to come out at 28 weeks, and worrying about his head developing the wrong way and his oxygen levels being too low. Despite the worry, he came out perfect and has been a really good baby so far. My one challenge with Lucas is that he will not will not will not take a bottle! He is a boob man to the core and I really would like to get back to work sometime soon.

Being a mom is said to be one of the most psychologically challenging experiences of a lifetime. I am writing to share my experiences through this journey in a completely honest way that hopefully people can relate to and also share some of my views which may be against the grain.

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts, I'd love to hear your views on the topics I post about.

Sincerely,

Emma

1 comments:

Hi Emma! it seems you are a great mom and I am sure both of your boys and yourself are having lots of fun playing trucks and exploring life in all other ways possible :)

And yay to boob men! My boy was like that too. I am happy that my breastfeeding days are over, even though I enjoyed every minute of it as they lasted.

It seems you have a lot to share about life with boys, and we all will be interested to join into the conversation. self-exploration will also come, just give it some time!

Post a Comment

Please do comment! No spam, or else....